How do I add an Activity to my calendar?
- Select Calendar from the Impel Main Menu
- Select the Date and Time for which you want to Add an Activity
- When you click on the Calendar, you will see a Quick Add Appointment pop-up window
- Enter all the required data and click on the Add button to Add a new Activity
- Note: Please make sure that you have pop-ups enabled on your browser. Otherwise, you will not see the Quick Add pop-up.
- Create your Data View for whichever object you want e.g. Account, Contact, Inventory, Product, Tickets....
- Save the Data View with the columns and filters that you want
- The Data View now shows up in your list of Data Views for that object
- Choose that Data View. When you hover over the Data View name, you will see a link called Add as Menu, below the Data View. Click on it.
- You will now see a pop-up that lets you set this Data View as a Sub Menu to any of the Main objects that are listed
- You will also get a list of users to whom you can add this Data View as Sub-menu
- Note: If you are the Impel Administrator, you will be able to add Data Views as Sub-Menus to any Impel user. Otherwise, you can add only to those users to whom you have access to.
Help. I have forgotten my password. What do I do?
Don't worry. You can easily reset your password in Impel.
- On the Impel login page, key in your User-ID
- Click on the Forgot your password? link
- When you do this, Impel shows you the Hint question that you had set up when you logged in to Impel the first time
- You also see a box, where you can key in the answer to the Hint question
- Once you enter the right answer to the Hint question, Impel will send you an email to your registered email ID with a system generated random password
- Please change the system generated password to something that you can remember easily.
Login to Impel using the system-generated password that you receive in your registered email mailbox
Select the "My Profile" link from the drop-down menu that you get when you click on your name in the top right hand corner of your screen
Select "Click here " link located next to the “Password” field
In the "Current password " field, enter the system-generated password that you received from Impel. In the "New password" field, enter a password that you can easily remember, but is secure. Generally, we suggest that your password be at least 6 characters long and should have a combination of upper and lower case alphabets, one numeric and one special character. Enter the same password in the "Confirm new password" field. If the two passwords match, your password will be changed. We suggest that you log out of Impel and log back in with your new password.
quickly. For example, let's assume that you are adding a New Contact. You key in all the data that you want for the Contact. But when you start keying in the name of the Account, you realize that the Account that you want, is not in Impel. You can now click on the Create a new Account link that shows up on the No Matches pop-up window. This will take you to a pop-up window where you can add in the basic information for the Account very quickly. When you Save and close the pop-up window, you will be back on the Add Contact page, without having lost any of the details that you had already keyed in there.
page, you can click on the Layout button as shown here. You will then see a list of all the available fields on the left hand side of the page that comes up. Double click on the fields that you want to include. Move the fields to wherever you want them on the Quick Add page.Save the layout. The new fields that you added, will now show up on the Quick Add page.
- On the top right hand corner of your Impel screen, click on your name. Click on the My Profile link in the drop down that shows up
- Click on the Update Menu Structure link
- This will list all the Tabs and sub-tabs that you have access to.
- If you don't need any of the tabs or sub-tabs, you can deactivate it here
- To change the order of the tabs and sub-tabs, click on Edit next to the Tab/sub-tab that you want to change
- You will see the Display Order for that Tab and also see if it is a Sub-menu of any other item. Change either OR both these to change the Tab/Sub-tab for your chosen item.
- Click on the Edit button to Save your changes
- Refresh your browser window to see the changes in your menu structure.
- On the Systems tab, click on the Admin Setup sub-tab
- Click on the User Management link
- You will see a list of Users. Scroll down to the User that you want to deactivate.
- Click on the Deactivate user link. You will get a small pop-up that asks if you want to Deactivate the user
- Click on Yes. The user will be Deactivated.
- Refresh the page. You will no longer see that User in your list of Users.